Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well Phooey

According to the Geico adjuster we saw today we are not getting new carseats. Well not ones paid for by Geico anyways. Mommy and Daddy are going to get us new ones anyways as they are not comfortable with the decision.

Geico goes by the NHTSA guidelines . Which states


A crash is considered to be minor—and the child seat involved in it is safe for reuse—if it meets ALL of the following criteria:


1. A visual inspection of the child safety seat, including inspection under any easily movable seat padding, does not reveal any cracks or deformation that might have been caused by the crash;


2. The vehicle in which the child safety seat was installed was capable of being driven from the scene of the crash;


3. The vehicle door nearest the child safety seat was undamaged;


4. There were no injuries to any of the vehicle occupants; and;


5. The air bags (if any) did not deploy.

Well while looking at the new carseats and finding the one that will fit us the longest we now know which ones we are getting.

Adam is getting the Britax Marathon in All Star Blue.
sport

I am getting the Britax Regent in Madison.
madison

The Britax carseats are a lot wider than the Radian 80 so we will be completely losing our middle seat in our Explorer but they will last us A LOT longer.

In the Radian 80 I only have about 2 more inches to grow before I hit the highest notch, in the Britax Regent I have about 4-6in. Thats a BIG difference when you are paying almost $300 a carseat. The Marathon Adam is getting will grown with him a while, I believe the top notch is 16in, which is my torso length now. Once he hits that (approx at 3 yrs old) I will give him my careat (with a new cover of course). I will be about 6yrs old and will move up to a booster.

No comments: