Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Typed on plane from Hawaii to Oklahoma

Our BIG surprise

As a surprise to my family the kids and I took a space available flight thru the military. Its free so we figured what the heck. Oh what an adventure.

First of all we had to be at the Terminal at 1:45 am. It is not normal airline seating. We (I am typing this ON the plane) are sitting in bright red mesh seats that line up on either side of the plane facing inward. Not the least bit comfortable but not too extremely uncomfortable either, thank goodness. The flight is nonstop, approx 7-8 hours. We are flying straight into Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma, which is AWESOME!

It is currently 5:33 AM Hawaii time and we have only been in the air MAYBE a half hour. Our approx arrival time is 1 PM Hawaii time, 6 PM Oklahoma time. Time to stop writing for now. I have GOT to get some sleep while both my kiddos are passed plumb out.

9:05 AM Hawaii time - Oh and an adventure this is. Adam woke up, I got him his box lunch, he ate some of it and was happy as pie. Kadi woke up not long after Adam started eating. I got her her box lunch and she opted for a pop tart instead. She ate some pop tart and drank some orange juice. Then said she didn't feel good. I began asking her if she needed to go to the bathroom or if she thought she was going to throw up. . . a few seconds later she threw up. Fun Fun! Thank goodness not a whole lot but I feel for her.

Now as I type this they are watching Baby Signing Time on the computer. I brought the dvd player but it seems it got turned on somewhere along the way and has no charge. Phooey!

11:03 AM Hawaii time - Just got word that we should be arriving in Oklahoma in about an HOUR! WOO HOO! Kadi is coloring and Adam is chilling in his carseat a little droopy.


Typed later, not on plane:
LANDED - about 5:00 PM Oklahoma time
As we sat in the plane still on the runway a HUGE storm is passing over. We can hear the rain beating heavily on the roof and the wind whipping around the wings. Next we hear hail. The plane starts rocking back and forth, practically knocking people out of theri seats. They ask us to please keep our seat belts on. A few people at a time are getting up to go look out of the 4, approx 8X8 in, windows to see the hail: After about a half hour we get to continue down the runway and wait for a bus to come take us from the plane to the terminal.

The bus and a van comes. We get off the plane and put our stuff in the van and we load on the bus, I accidently leave my phone with my luggage in the van. Wem arrive at the gate and get our stuff. I reach for my phone to let David know where we are to pick us up. I see: 12 missed calls, 7 new messages. WOW! I go to call David and accidently call mom, she is freaking out asking if we were ok and if we went to a shelter. Hmm, No we just got off the plane a little bit ago. Apparently a TORNADO came flying thru Tinker AFB, while we were still on the plane. LOL

Guess David's "Welcome to Oklahoma" message was more truthful than we thought. LOL

The airport terminal at 1:30am
S6007921 S6007919

The plane, from what you can see anyways. I didn't take many pictures.
S6007922 S6007923

Can't see them very well but here is a view of the red mesh seats we sat in.
S6007926 S6007925

No comments: