Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons

I have had many many MANY people ask me if we are using the "Baby Can Read" technique seen on TV. I will start by saying no. I remember seeing the "Baby Can Read" title on the TV guide but actually have no clue what it is or how it works. LOL

We are using a book that several of my homeschooling friends have recommended. It is called "Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons". We bought ours at Borders for $22, but if you click on the link above it will take you to Amazon, which has it cheaper.

Since recently posting about Kadi's success thus far I have discovered that several of my other friends have recently started the same book. So far they like it too.

Every day after we do our lesson I make flash cards with the new words she learned. Several times throughout the week we go back through the flashcards to help review the words. As of Friday she is up to 101 words, just from the book.

To keep her hyped up and interested in learning to read, every time she finishes 10 lessons she gets a new book from the Step Into Reading Collection. She gets REALLY excited picking out a new book to try and read.

All of her hard work really pays off when she realizes she is actually READING!

It makes me smile knowing how proud of herself she is. =)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is awesome! I like the idea of a new book after 10 lessons... right now we are doing stickers for each lesson that she learns, so maybe when we get to 10 stickers we can do the same... :) happy reading!