Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kadi's new laptop


Our babygirl is moving up in the world. LOL

Dustin and I have been researching and asking other parents what their views are on the different learning handheld games systems, for on vacation. We had somewhat decided on a Leapster when we decided we still really didn't want a handheld game system at all and ditched the idea all together.

About a month ago Kadi was given a hand-me-down (half working) laptop from her Daddy and Uncle Darrell. She LOVES it. Can't do a whole lot on it since it only half works but she still enjoys the school work she CAN do on it. She is excited to get on there and pull up her daily assignment sheet and see what all her assignments consist of for the day (I put it on there daily. . . saves me paper, and she can still check off her accomplishments for the day. LOL) Since she has really taken to the computer she is doing more and more school stuff on her own, without me asking at all. = ) She LOVES being independent and I love the self motivation that comes with it all.

Obviously not ALL of her school work can be done on the computer, I do still want her to learn to write more legible and such. = )

So after MUCH further discussion we have officially decided to buy Kadi her own mini laptop. Up until today when I talked to a VERY trustworthy teacher buddy of mine I was still on the fence. I was afraid that by getting her a laptop I would be pushing her into technology too early. She assured me that it is a good idea and just to make sure to find a good balance between computer time and written schoolwork time. Ah ha! Great idea.

It will be of GREAT use while schooling on the road. She can get some school stuff done on the computer, and even play a few games. Also carrying around worksheets and such could be lessened. WOO HOO!

Ahhh the stress is already lessening about schooling on the road. = )

No comments: