I can't help but miss the change of seasons, the cool weather, the smell of fresh fallen snow, the smell of "fresh" pine trees (although we do have a real tree in our house this year), and mainly just the look of the blanket of snow outside. Last time I saw snow was Christmas 2005 on our Chicago, Wisconsin, Oklahoma vacation. It was the one and ONLY time Kadi has ever seen snow, she was 7 months old. The next time will probably be Winter of 2010. *sigh*
Don't get me wrong the weather here in Hawaii is gorgeous and I'm sure when I'm snowed in for a month straight in Colorado I'll miss it but I really do miss the seasons.
Need I say how much I miss my family and friends?
Well as a pick me up I dug up our vacation pictures from 2005, here a few favorites.
Kadi's first encounter with snow

Kadi's first snow angel

A few other random vacation pictures

That was the best vacation so far! Can't wait until our next one. . . we are hopping the islands soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment