Mommy:
A friend of mine got me thinking about Christmas Traditions today. What traditions we had growing up? Which of those we plan on passing down? What new traditions we are doing with our kids.
For fun What are your family traditions? Which one is your all time favorite?
We had a couple traditions growing up: opening one gift on Christmas Eve, and watching Christmas movies all snuggled up under one, sometimes 2, blankets (since I have 5 siblings). Mom always seemed to have twizzlers for us to eat too (this happens even without the Christmas movies, haha). . and we got to smack and chew with our mouth open as much as possible, mom agrees they taste better that way. LOL
Now that my siblings and I are older the newest tradition is passing along the tree garland that we helped my mom make years ago. In birth order we get it each year to use on our tree. Last year was my final year since this year I am making my own (won’t get done by Christmas but will be by the time it my turn again), as well as a tree skirt and stockings.
Dustin and I have started a couple new traditions with our kids. . . making cookies and a homemade gingerbread house. And every year we buy a new special ornament that represents that year. IE Our first Christmas together, baby’s first Christmas.
I'm sure we have more than just these, but thats what popped up when she asked the same questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment