Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our TOUGH girl!

Well lo and behold Kadi got her first stitches today. Being Dustin's kid we knew it was inevitable sooner or later.

OK so the burning question, How did Kadi get hurt and why did she need stitches?

We, Dustin and I, told her to go upstairs and take her nap. After repeating ourselves several times, Dustin started with the big "ONE". . .she took off running toward the stairs. We aren't sure if she tripped over her feet or if the tile was sticky but she tripped. . . .and flew. . . .right into the edge of the open front door. Dustin and I saw the whole thing and jumped up practically before she hit the ground. She was immediately bleeding. Dustin made it to her first and saw the cut, I asked him if I needed to call an ambulance, I heard "Yes" and ran to the neighbors house to use her land line (since I have a Texas cell). All the while Dustin is inside taking care of my screaming baby girl, I am stuck outside on a crappy phone talking to 911 and waiting to wave down the ambulance. She calmed down and Dustin stopped the bleeding in the 5 mins it took the ambulance to get here. THANK GOODNESS!

When they got here Dustin carried her outside and they took the towel off her head, this was the first time I had actually seen her injury. It had A LOT of paint in it and was VERY deep, they moved her forehead skin around and you could see her skull. The paramedics looked at it and wrapped it up and asked if we wanted them to take her to the hospital or if we wanted to. We decided to take her ourselves.

It was actually the quickest trip we have EVER had. Got into triage right away and then waited and waited and then we waited outside. After not being outside for very long we were called in. The Dr looked at her head and was amazed at how "clean cut" the cut was. The cut itself was horribly filled with paint chips. . .have I ever mentioned that we live in old housing with lead paint? BLAH! Well anyways they had to give her several shots to numb it up good so they could clean it good. We weren't sure how she was going to react so we just explained exactly what was going to happen. . ."they are going to give you shots in your cut to numb it, then put gauze over your eyes so they can wash it and not get water in your eyes, then they are going to stitch you up like mommy and daddy sew". Then we just braced ourselves, since last time she got a shot the Dr MADE us HOLD HER DOWN and she screamed bloody murder. Well to our surprise, after we explained everything and the Dr showed her all the utensils, she just laid there calm and still. The Dr went ahead and covered her eyes since her cut was bleeding again. It was probably for the best because she then couldn't see the needle. So then the Dr proceeded, "OK Kadi I now am going to poke the needle in the start numbing". . Kadi:OK. . . Dr poked the needle in. . .Kadi still calm and still in her small voice. . "owie owie owie. . .giggle giggle giggle" Yes seriously she starting laughing EVERYtime after the initial "pinch" of the needle. They did this for a total of 4 pokes. Then the Dr waited and tested the spot for tenderness, she couldn't fill anything but he gave her a couple more shots just to be sure it wouldn't wear off.

She practically slept thru the rest, as she didn't say anything but "hahaha I can't feel it".

She got 3 disolvable stitches in the underneath layer, and 4 on the outside. She did split her head all the way thru.

All in all the beginning was HORRIBLE knowing my baby girl was hurt. But we are laughing it off now. . . . teasing saying "Kadi will do ANYTHING not to have to take a nap." LOL

Did I mention she hasn't fussed at all about her head, just about the blood on one of her fav shirts. LOL

That's our TOUGH girl!

After the paramedics saw her and on the way to the hospital.
Kadi's first stitches

Waiting outside
Kadi's first stitches

Right after taking off the bandage
Kadi's first stitches

After getting the numbing shots
Kadi's first stitches

Cleaning the cut
Kadi's first stitches

Stitches all done
Kadi's first stitches

And it was finished off with Sponge bob band aids. . which Kadi (nor were we) wasn't very happy about. (We went and bought more appropriate band aids this evening.)
Kadi's first stitches

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness-how scary! Poor babe! I'm glad she is okay!! *HUGS*

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! What a tough girl Kadi is. Glad she is okay!