Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Well Miss Kadi has completed all her lessons in "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and I must say that it is an awesome book. It worked really well with her learning style and she picked it up very easily. She takes A LOT of pride in being able to read now. She can pretty much pick up any book and just read it. It's awesome! We are so proud of her accomplishment and even more so, we LOVE seeing how proud of herself she is.

As a reward we gave her a $20 gift card to buy books (or even toys) of her choice. She chose The Disney Bedtime Collection.

According to the book, she is now reading at approximately a second grade level. How cool is that? Now what? Well until I receive the new materials I bought for her and can figure out which and what I want to do with them she will be reading various books and I will make comprehension, vocabulary and spelling worksheets to go with them.

We have also signed her up at Book Adventure. She can go on there and answer questions about specific books and earn points for fun stuff.

No comments: