Quick Peek

I am hoping to update our "Quick Peek" section soon. 1-30-17

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A year ago. . .

I posted this blog post about my awesome daughter. I wanted to share it again as I ran across it today and laughed my tushy off all over again. LOL

Innocense is Bliss

Last week Kadi and I were sitting down to eat dinner at the table. We then proceeded to say our prayer before eating. She wanted me to go first tonight, I started, "Dear Lord Jesus, Thank you" and was stopped. The conversation went a little like this:

Kadi: Mommy were are supposed to pray to ONLY God.

Me: thinking hard about how to explain Jesus vs God to her, I say, "Jesus is God's son and we can pray to him too".

I then say my prayer and then it's her turn

She looks at me and if you know my kid you know how sassy she can be and says, "Well I'M praying to GOD!"




A couple days later we were shopping at Wal-mart. I am obsessed with looking at the Holiday stuff EVERY time we go. There we are standing in front of the Nativity scenes. We talk about each person a little and of course admire how cute Baby Jesus is. On the shelf below are single replacement pieces. So we talk about them a little. Then just slightly to the right were the African American replacement pieces. Kadi asked "What's this baby's name?". . . I told her "that's baby Jesus". . . Once again with her sassyness. . . looks up at me, puts her hands on her hips, and exclaims "JESUS ISN'T BROWN!!" LOL Trying my hardest not to pee on myself because I am laughing so hard I explain to her that Jesus could be brown or white. Just like there are Brown people and White people. LOL

Ah I love that kid! hahaha

No comments: